Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Glazing





         
            For my glazed piece I used Metallic Green and Shino. When glazing, first I had to wash my hands and wipe out the dust out of my bisque ware; it is important to wash hands and wipe out the dust so then the glaze is able to stick better to the pot. Afterwards I applied wax to the bottom of the piece with a brush, it is always essential to apply wax thus when glazing the glaze would be able to be easily wiped off the bottom of the piece, to then place the pot on a surface to let dry.  Then before placing my pot in the glaze, I had to mix well the glaze with a whisk. I started with the Metallic Green glaze, and filled the inside of the piece half way with a measuring cup. Then I swirled my piece for the glaze to spread throughout the inside. Then I let my piece dry, I then took tongs and held my piece and place it inside the bucket with the Metallic Green glaze for one and a half minute. While making sure that the inside of my pot was not filled up with glaze while dipping the pot in the bucket. After letting my pot stay in contact with the glaze only for one and a half minute, I took out the piece and wiped out the bottom, then I let dry and repeated the same steps with the Shino glaze.  At the end I took a sponge to wipe off the foot of my piece, for the pot to be fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment