Friday, September 20, 2013

Pinch Pots



     
        When creating my pinch pot, I had to "slip and score" to connect two of my pieces together.  To score I had to take a rib with zigzag to make line shapes on top of each separate piece. Then I used slip, or watered down clay to put on top of each piece to then connect them. It is very important to "slip and score" as it helps each piece being attached to each other to lock and stick together, to then not break apart when being dried. In addition to show manipulation of the clay I had to use symmetry. In order to show symmetry I had to make both sides and curves of my pot look the same. I was able to accomplish the curves by using a throwing stick and push out clay from the inside. Also through my pattern, I was able to use similar designs to show symmetry around the pot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment